SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) in collaboration with Airbus Services has recently completed the first of 14 A380 full-cabin retrofits for Singapore Airlines (SIA).
This extensive retrofit programme, which was announced in November 2017, sees the cabin products selected for SIA’s five recently delivered A380 aircraft installed on the airline’s in- service aircraft.
Under the ongoing programme, Airbus Services is responsible for Service Bulletins (SB) and delivery of aircraft cabin parts. Airbus teams also contribute with A380 design knowledge and engineering expertise on-site to integrate SIA’s customised cabin fittings into the A380’s spacious double-deck interior. This retrofit is part of the wider portfolio of value-adding product improvements managed by Airbus’ dedicated Upgrades Services teams. This programme for SIA is an example of Airbus’ commitment to keep the A380 flying for many more years with the latest cabin innovations.
The airline’s widely-acclaimed new A380 cabin offers more personal space in all classes. The refitted aircraft accommodates a total of 471 passengers, with six private Suites and 78 Business Class seats on the upper deck and 44 Premium Economy Class and 343 Economy Class seats on the main deck.
The remaining 13 cabin retrofits will be performed by SIAEC and Heavy Maintenance Singapore Services (HMS Services), a joint venture between SIAEC and Airbus. SIAEC holds a 65% equity stake in HMS Services and Airbus holds the remaining 35%.
Singapore Airlines was the first to fly the A380 in commercial service in October 2007 and today operates a fleet of 19 A380s.