The business jet market in India has grown by 46% over the last three years, according to figures from Firestone Management Group.
The private jet advisory practice says that as of March 15 this year there are currently a combined total of 136 private jets registered in India made by the following private jet manufacturers:
• Hawker Beechcraft leads the industry with 35 private jets registered representing 26 percent of the entire installed base.
• Cessna Aircraft Company closely follows with 31 private jets currently registered in the country, representing 23 percent of the installed base.
• Bombardier has 24 private jets representing 18 percent of the installed base.
• Dassault Falcon Jet has 17 private jets representing 13 percent of the total installed base.
• Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. has 15 private jets equaling 11 percent of the total installed base.
• Embraer, Boeing, and Airbus have yet to reach double digits with 9, 3 and 2 private jets respectively.
Of the combined total of 136 private jets, 95 were manufactured less than 10 years ago, representing nearly 70 percent of the current installed base of aircraft currently registered in India. In the last 36 months alone, 43 jets have been added to the registry representing a 46 percent growth.
“The growth opportunity for private jet manufacturers to deliver their products into India is tremendous,” says Justin Firestone, managing director of Firestone Management Group. “As the world’s largest democracy, the second most populous country and one of the fastest growing major economies, this quantitative data indicates India is clearly embracing the need for safe and efficient business jet travel.”
158 total views, 2 views today
With more than 25 years of experience in defence publishing, Global Business Press and its industry leading titles Asian Defence Technology, Asian Airlines & Aerospace and Daily News are the leading defence publications in the region, present at more international shows and exhibitions than any other competing publication in the region.